FOBO Tire is an advanced Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) using latest Bluetooth 4.0 that works directly with your Android and iOS device. It also comes with an intelligent In-Car monitoring unit that works on its own or simultaneously with your smart phone. So that you will still get an alert in the absence of a smart phone. Comes with 4 tire sensors and 1 in-car unit.
24x7 monitoring of your car tires
Even when your car ignition is switched off, for a complete peace of mind. FOBO Tire works round-the-clock to ensure your tires stay properly inflated. FOBO Tire does not need an external power source. It comes with batteries included which last up to two years and are easily replaceable (2xAA - In-Car unit & CR2032 - sensors).
Monitor up to 20 cars
From your smartphone simultaneously with just one single app.
Share FOBO Tire
To allow family & friends (up to 100 smart phone users) to receive information from the same FOBO Tire in your car. Sharing has never been easier with our app's intuitive quick sharing feature.
And install FOBO Tire in less than 5 minutes without the need for professional help. Just follow the FOBO Tire app's simple on-screen instructions. You do not need to change or modify your tire's existing pressure valve. Just screw on the FOBO Tire sensors and you are good to go.
So stolen FOBO Tire sensors and In-Car unit cannot be reused. Each FOBO Tire is locked to a specific owner's FOBO cloud account. Furthermore, the package come with anti-theft nut and a small wrench to mechanically lock the sensors from being stolen. Replacement sensors will be available for purchase separately. You will also be notified by the FOBO Tire app in the event any tire sensor is missing.
HOW TO INSTALL & ACTIVATE
Having the correct tyre pressure is essential to running a car efficiently and safely. Deflated tyres means more of the tyre is touching the ground which means more friction. The engine has to work harder against this resistance and you end up consuming more fuel, not to mention wearing out the tyres.
The Fobo Tyre pressure monitor takes away the inconvenience of manually checking your tyre pressure on a regular basis. The wireless system allows the driver to check the air pressure of each tyre directly via Bluetooth and pressure sensors.
The first thing to do is download and install the Fobo Tire app on your smartphone and make sure Bluetooth is switched on. Pair up the phone and the in-car unit by simply holding down the button on the unit. The app will now prompt you to install the tyre valve sensors in a clockwise direction starting with the front right wheel.
To setup, remove the existing valve cap and screw on the hexagonal locking nut. Screw on the Fobo Tyre sensor as far as it will go then with the special wrench provided, turn the locking nut anticlockwise until tight. Now repeat for the other three tyres; it’s as simple as that!
Place the in-car unit anywhere inside the car where it will be able to pick up the signal from the sensors.
You can check the air pressure of your tyres with the app immediately at any time from inside the car or your home. If the pressure drops below the minimum (chosen in settings), the square for the low pressure tyre will turn red. The in-car unit will also provides notification, flashing a red light on the corner of the unit to the corresponding tyre.
The manufacturer claims a two year battery life for the four valve sensors which come in black or silver while the app can monitor up to twenty vehicles ? if you’re lucky have that many!
The Fobo Tyre may be great at keeping an eye on your air pressure but it’s still as inconvenient (if not more so with the addition of sensors) to top up the air in the tyres.
Theft is also a valid concern but the sensors are linked to an online account via the app and can’t be used by another party if removed from the tyre valve.
This tyre guage is an amazing piece of technology. A gadget that allows you to check your tyre pressure without getting out of the vehicle and even syncs with your phone gets a big tick in my book. However, you do get what you pay for and the price may be a tad steep for some. Recommended for owners who drive a performance vehicle or an off road vehicle where tyre pressure is more critical. A bit of overkill for the everyday car owner but still gets an 8 out of 10.
- 3 level smart alert for all tire condition
- Theft deterrent feature. Protected by patent pending CrossPair technology
- Innovation lock nut & wrench provided for additional theft deterrent
- 24x7 round-the-clock continuous monitoring
- Using latest Bluetooth 4.0 that works directly with your Android and iOS device
- Easy DIY installation in less than 5 minute
- Water proof IP57 (Sensor Only)
- Out of range pressure alert even when car ignition is switch off
- Intelligent In-Car monitoring unit that works on its own or simultaneously with your smart phone
- Operational pressure range: 0 to 350 kPa (50psi)
- Operational temperature range: -40 to 85°C
- Tire sensor & In-Car unit battery life: up to 2 years (at 25°C rated temperature)
- Water & Dust resistant: IP57
- Tire sensor weight: 10g each (subject to slight deviation due to future design changes)
- Certification: FCC, CE, BQB and RoHS
- Sensor structural threshold: 350N ball pressure intensity test
- Mechanical & Environmental Reliability Testing Standards: IEC 60068-2-2, IEC 60068-2-1, ISO 21750, IEC 60068-2-29, IEC 60068-2-5, IEC 60068-2-32, ISO 15184, ISO 2409
- Bluetooth V4.0
- Compatible with Android 4.3 and above as well as iOS 7.1 and above