<img src="http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplus/detail-page/tp_logo.jpg" alt="image" />
Seamless Networking - 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender, AV500 Powerline Edition
The TL-WPA4220KIT instantly expands wired and wireless network connections to hard-to-reach areas of your home and office, bypassing the limitations of traditional range extender solutions by using HomePlug AV technology. It establishes a stable Powerline network connection through existing electrical wiring while devoting the full extent of its wired and wireless capability to network client devices.
One Touch Extends your Range
Set up in a matter of seconds by using the Wi-Fi Clone button to copy your routerâ€™s wireless network name and password. Move it to any other location and enjoy a seamless network throughout your home
Better Performance than Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders
Powerline Wi-Fi Range Extenders provide better performance than their Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders counterparts due to innate technological differences.
Powerline Wi-Fi Range Extender Kit
The TL-WPA4220KIT connects to your network from a distance of up to 1000ft of electrical wiring using HomePlug AV technology. Since placement is not limited to areas where a Wi-Fi network already exists, you are able to generate more overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Wi-Fi Only Range Extenders
Traditional Wi-Fi Range Extenders reproduce an existing Wi-Fi signal to generate greater Wi-Fi coverage. However, they need to be placed in areas where existing Wi-Fi is at or above three bars of signal strength. Less than three bars will degrade overall signal quality and throughput, while more than three bars creates a stronger replicated signal, but will reduce overall Wi-Fi coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can the TL-WPA4220KIT cross circuit breakers?
A: As long as they are on one power meter, they can communicate across circuit breakers.
2. Is the TL-WPA4220KIT compatible with 2 or 3-Phase power environments?
A: Yes, Powerline technology can work on up to 3-Phases of electrical wiring.
3. How many additional TL-WPA4220 extender can I add to the network?
A: If you have already set up a TL-WPA4220KIT, you can add up to 7 additional extender to the network.
4. If my Wireless Router broadcasts multiple wireless signals or a guest network, which one will the TL-WPA4220KIT extend?
A: The TL-WPA4220KIT will extend your PRIMARY Wi-Fi network by duplicating its existing credentials, simplifying the set up process and creating a seamless network experience.
5. Can I set up a different Wi-Fi Name and Password for the TL-WPA4220KIT?
A: Yes, you can extend any Wi-Fi network or create an independent Wi-Fi network through the web management interface.
6. Do I have to buy a TP-LINK Router to work with TL-WPA4220KIT?
A: No, it is universally compatible with other brands.
7. If my Wireless Router doesn't have a WPS button, how can I extend the Wi-Fi signal of the router?
A: You can go to the web management interface to give the extender the same ID and password.
- Users can set up a 128-bit AES encryption by pushing the Pair button on the adapters
- Two Ethernet ports allow you to connect wired-only devices to the network
- Support IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizing IPTV streaming
- Support 100-240V power supply
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender TL-WPA4220 & AV500 Powerline adapter TL-PA4010
- 2 Ethernet Cables
- Quick Installation Guide
- Resource CD
TP-LINK Range Extender Series Which TP-LINK Range Extender is Right for You? TL-WPA4220KIT TL-WA850RE TL-WA750RE
Technology Wi-Fi & Powerline Wi-Fi Wi-Fi tr > Number of Ethernet Ports 2 Ports 1 Port 1 Port
Maximum Wireless Speed 300Mbps 300Mbps 150Mbps tr > Connection Speed Best Better Good
Support Multiple Extenders Yes No No tr > Easy Setup Button Yes Yes Yes