- UMF® 15+ guarantees the level of UMF® is between UMF® 15 and UMF® 20
- The special UMF® property is not found in all Manuka honey
- Natural alternative to sugar and sweeteners.
- 100% New Zealand made.
- No added colours, additives, flavours or preservatives.
- Each batch of UMF® Manuka honey is tested and certified by accredited laboratories in New Zealand.
How It Works:
The UMF® grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka honey, and assures purity & quality, please see www.umf.org.nz.
To receive a UMF® grading, a honey must have the presence of DHA (dihydroxyacetone), Leptosperin, and Methylglyoxal (MGO). The UMF® rating is a measure of the attributes and values that make up Manuka honey, and assures purity & quality.
Only the UMF® testing process measures all three signature compounds - DHA (dihydroxyacetone), Leptosperin, and Methylglyoxal (MGO), that together indicate high quality, authentic Manuka honey – while other systems measure only one or two.
For thousands of years honey has been known for its special properties. Certain honeys from specific plants have a greater range of attributes than others, and the honey that comes from some varieties of the New Zealand Manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium) is one of these.
Spread generously onto bread or toast, enjoy as an eating experience by itself, or mix with warm water and enjoy as a soothing drink. Delicious when added to a marinade and/or used as a cooking agent. Add as required into herbal or Asian teas, marinades, and Asian cooking.
Caution: Do not give honey to babies under 1 year of age.