Switching a baby from a car seat to a separate pushchair seat can often disturb them and upset their routine. The Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix was the first car seat to be awarded a 5-star safety rating and is designed to connect with almost any pushchair, making this car seat ideal for the first twelve months.
For added flexibility, it can also be used with the IsoFix system, a safety belt base or simply the car’s seat belt system. With a built-in ‘cabrio’ roof for extra comfort from light rain or indirect sunshine, this car seat is a great place to be for a child’s comfort and safety.
- Excellent test ratings with FamilyFix and EasyFix base unit
- Side Protection System offers optimal protection in side impacts
- CabrioFix used on FamilyFix offers extra upward position, giving baby extra legroom, allowing longer and safer rearward-facing travel
- Approved according to the latest European safety standard ECE R44/04
- Snug fit for baby
- Includes removable support pillow with head-hugger for smaller babies, belt pads and integrated sun canopy
- One-pull harness adjustment
- Belt hooks keep harness out of the way for easy in and out of baby
Ease of use
- Fits all Maxi-Cosi and Quinny pushchairs and buggies to form a practical and stylish travel system
- When used with Maxi-Cosi base unit no need to attach seat with seat belt, just click and go
- Convenient carry handle
- Storage compartment
- Cover easy to remove for washing
- Made In Holland
- Appropriate From: Birth until 12 months
- Carrying Capacity: up to 13kg
- Product Weight: approx. 3.5kg
- Product Dimension: 71cm (L) x 44cm (W) x 57cm (H)
- Packaging Weight: 6.00kg
- Packaging Dimension: 75cm (L) x 50cm (W) x 45cm (H)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Should the handle be placed in an upright position when installed in the car?
A: The carrying handle is part of the safety concept of Maxi-Cosi infant car seats and must always be placed upright when driving. This also applies when used with the FamilyFix, EasyFix or Easybase 2 frame. Read the user manual for the car seat. Placing the carrying handle in the upright position protects the child in the event that the car seat rotates towards the back of the rear car seat. The carrying handle also protects against any large objects that might fly through the air near the child. Once the child is securely fastened in the harnesses, his or her head and arms will not hit the carrying handle in the event of an accident.
Q: When should my child switch to the next stage car seat?
A: We recommend that your child remain in the first car seat, Group 0+ (0-13 months) i.e. facing backwards, as long as possible because this is the safest and usually the most comfortable position. As long as the back of your child's head is fully supported by the plastic shell, we recommend using the infant car seat. The length of the child’s legs is not an important factor here. It is extremely unwise to put a child into a larger, forward-facing car seat too early.
Q: Why do babies have to travel in the rear-facing position?
A: Babies have a large and heavy head compared to the rest of their body. In addition, their neck muscles are not yet fully developed. If the baby is transported in a forward-facing position, his or her head will be thrown forward in the event of a head-on collision. This can cause serious neck injury and may even be fatal. By placing the baby in a rear-facing position, the forces exerted during the crash will be distributed across the baby’s entire back.
What makes Maxi-Cosi products so special?
Over many years Maxi-Cosi have been innovating, designing and producing the safest, most practical and comfortable products available. Over almost 30 years, Maxi-Cosi has maintained its leading position as pioneer in safety, technology and ergonomic innovation.
Continuous research to find out what parents really want and need guarantees that Maxi-Cosi brings you the most advanced concepts in car seat safety. They are not satisfied to merely comply to legal safety standard. That’s why all of their car seats are tested in excess of the safety requirements: they are safer than the legal standards say child car seats should be. Maxi-Cosi seats are renowned for their excellence in comfort for your child and extreme ease of use for parents.