Why do you need Mau Plus?
- About 70% of men and women will suffer from thinning hair problems by the time they reach the age of 50.
- 99% of men and women need proper scalp care for healthier hair growth.
What is miniaturization and what causes it?
Miniaturization is caused by blockages in the blood vessels that supply nutrients to the hair follicle and the arrector pili muscle. This will make the arrector pili muscle limp and reduce the diameter of the hair around the tissue responsive area. Hair roots will get nearer to the surface of the scalp. Overtime, the appearance of thinning hair will become evident.
Medical science has proven that the main cause of the blockage is dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is produced by an enzymatic reaction with the testosterone (male hormone) in the tissue responsive area, which is the crown section of the scalp. The enzymatic reaction starts at the adolescent age, where young men and women start to produce hormones from the adrenal gland. The level of
- Excessive consumption of animal fat
- Environmental factors/pollution
Miniaturization of Hair cause by DHT
Does DHT cause other damage to the scalp?
Yes. The secretion of DHT, when it comes into contact with the sebum (oil produced by the sebaceous gland), will deposit and form a tight, shiny layer that is called hydrophobic lipids on the tissue responsive area. This tight and shiny skin will affect the natural growing cycle of our hair.
Are there any early symptoms?
- Oily scalp and face
- Excessive daily hair loss – more than 70 per day
- Excessive body hair
- Alopecia areata
- Hair on the crown area is thinner and more limp than the hair behind the ear
The truth about hair follicle
Thinning hair problem is a scalp problem, not a hair problem. Knowing the structure of the hair follicle (where the hair grows) is a fundamental knowledge for maintaining healthy hair growth.
In a healthy hair root, there will be blood vessels delivering nutrients to the hair follicle and arrector pili muscle. Sebaceous gland is responsible for producing natural oil to condition the hair.
The consistent supply of nutrients by the blood vessels to the hair follicle and arrector pili muscle will ensure a normal healthy hair growth cycle (Anagen 2-6 years, Catagen 1-2 weeks, and Telogen 5-6 weeks). A clean scalp will ensure that the hair follicles return to the Anagen stage. Each healthy and clean hair follicle has the ability to regrow 32 times. However, with issues such as hot climate, environmental pollution, stress, wrong method of scalp massage, diet, etc could cause the sebaceous gland to be over active, hence causing the scalp to be too oily.
Normal Hair Growth Circle
How can Mau Plus series help?
- Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser is enriched with cold-pressed ginger oil. This is formulated in Korea and fine-tuned to each local climate needs. The unique formula will gently cleanse the scalp and dissolve hydrophobic lipids to promote a healthier scalp for an optimum hair growth cycle. The active botanical extracts, especially the cold-pressed ginger oil will ensure better nutrient supply to the hair follicle.
- Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment is enriched with a blend of essential oils and helps to disinfect, relax and moisturize the scalp, after the deep cleansing action of the Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser.
- Mau Plus Hair Serum is enriched with cold-pressed ginger oil, a light but powerful herbal serum. The presence of cold-pressed ginger oil and other essential elements effectively deliver sufficient nutrients to the hair follicle and the arrector pili muscle.
- Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer is enriched with a cocktail of many natural active ingredients that provides the extra special care for visible receding hairlines and thinning hair in the advanced stages. This Revitalizer helps to improve microcirculation and increases blood flow to the scalp, and thereby allowing our own body supply of nutrients to nourish the hair follicle. It also protects our scalp against phototoxic effects of sunlight and also prolongs the anagen stage of our hair.
Why Mau Plus will work for you?
Mau Plus products work together to create a healthy environment for healthy hair.
How Do I Create That Healthy Environment?
- By using Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser to gently remove DHT and buildup of hair products from the scalp, without removing the natural oils that keep our scalp healthy.
- By using Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment to restore energy and moisture to the scalp, as well as conditioning the hair.
Mau Plus Hair Serum and Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer are what you need for a full, thick, healthy hair. They nourish your hair like milk to a baby.
How can mau plus series help?
Mau plus scalp balancing cleanser with cold press ginger oil is formulated in korea and fine tuned to the local climate needs. the unique formula will gently cleanse the scalp and dissolve the hydrophilic lipids to promote a healthier scalp condition for an optimum hair growth cycle. the active botanical extracts, especially the cold press ginger oil will ensure better nutrient supply to the hair follicle.
Mau plus scalp spa treatment with the well blended essential oil will help to relax the scalp without forgetting to disinfect the scalp , after the deep cleansing of the mau plus scalp balancing cleanser.
Mau plus hair serum with cold press ginger oil is a light herbal but powerful serum. the presence of cold press ginger oil and other essential elements could effectively deliver sufficient nutrients to the hair follicle and arrector pili mucle.
Frequent Asked Questions on Scalp Maintenance and Mau Plus Series
1) Why is it important to have scalp maintenance?
It is very important to have regular scalp maintenance because the scalp is where our hair grows. Most of the shampoos available in the market are designed to cleanse and condition our hair, and the scalp has never been well cleansed all this while. Over time, with the build up of conditioner and natural oil secreted by our scalp (sebum), a shiny layer will be formed on the crown section of our scalp.
2) What’s the shiny layer on the scalp? How can it affect the normal hair growth?
The shiny layer is a combination of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and sebum that is secreted from our sebaceous gland. This is a water repellent waxy layer, which is not easily dissolved and cleansed by the normal shampoo. The hydrophobic lipids will block and deter our hair pore from normal hair growth.
3) How many times can a hair pore grow hair?
Under normal circumstances, our hair pore can grow hair for 32 times. However, in most cases this number is unattainable due to poor cleansing and over-moisturizing of our scalp (by conditioner).
4) What’s the normal hair growth cycle?
Each hair is suppose to go through 3 phases: Anagen –growing stage (2-6years), Catagen- Resting stage (1-2weeks), and Telogen-shedding stage (5-6weeks). After that the cycle will go back to Anagen stage again. Meaning that, under normal circumstances, a healthy hair growth cycle should be at least 6years.
5) Could the hair growth cycle be shortened? How?
In most cases, the hair growth cycle is shortened by the blockage caused by DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). DHT blocks the nutrient supply to the hair follicle and the arrector pili muscle, and causes the hair to go through a miniaturization process (please refer to the animation for more details). The weakening of the arrector pili muscle will also made the hair to be limp.
6) What’s DHT- Dihydrotestosterone?
DHT is produced by an enzymatic reaction with testosterone (male hormone) in the tissue responsive skin- the crown section of the scalp.
7) What causes the high production of DHT?
The known causes are inheritance, stress, diet (too much animal fat), poor health, medication and environmental.
8) Is balding/ hair thinning hereditary?
No. One will not inherit the result of balding or thinning hair from their father, but they can inherit the causes. Therefore understanding the causes and rectify them in the early stage will be an added advantage.
9) Is there any early sign?
Our body will start to produce DHT during adolescent stage (15-18year old). It will show up as acne (pimple) or very oily face in the early age. Other conditions such as alopecia areata (patch baldness in between ear), excessive daily hair loss (more than 50 a day), and excessive body hair are also symptoms of early warning.
10) What are the common types of hair loss?
Androgenetic alopecia: Commonly known as Male Pattern Baldness ( for men) or Diffused Alopecia (for women). This is the cause for about 98% of the hair loss problem in the market. The main reason is due to DHT (or many refer them as hormonal problem). Kindly refer to question 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 for more details.
Alopecia Areata: This is hair loss due to immune system malfunction. It will appear as patch baldness in the scalp area between ears.
Alopecia Totalis: This is hair loss due to immune system malfunction. It will appear as complete loss of hair on the head.
Alopecia Universalis: This is hair loss due to immune system malfunction. It will appear as complete loss of hair, on head and body.
11) Why everyone needs Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser and Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment?
Our face needs a facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer. It is the same reason for using the Mau Plus system - it is a cleanser and maintenance system for our scalp. Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser with active enzymes will dissolve the DHT and sebum accumulated on the scalp and blocking the hair pore (refer to question 2). It is a deep cleansing system to the scalp. Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment will disinfect and moisturize the scalp, and to maintain the scalp in its optimum environment for the healthy hair growth.
12) What is the function of Mau Plus Hair Serum?
Mau Plus Hair Serum is a fusion of formulation between Asian traditional herbs and western science. This formulation is able to promote nutrient supply to the hair follicle without any side effect. It is an ideal formulation for normal hair thinning.
13) What is the function of Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer?
This product provides the EXTRA special care required for visible receding hairlines and thinning hair in the advanced stages.
It protects against the photo toxic effects of sunlight.
It improves microcirculation and increases blood flow to the scalp, thereby allowing our own body supply of nutrients to nourish the hair follicle and encourages thicker and fuller hair.
It also stimulates nutrient transportation. Energizes and enhances nutrient uptake by the hair follicle, improving follicle productivity.
It extends the anagen stage of our hair by the following:
Stimulation of FGF-7, BMP-2 expression: FGF-7 and BMP-2 induces the proliferation of hair matrix cells and contributes to the extension of anagen stage.
Inhibition of TSR activity: TSR converts testosterone into DHT, which triggers the catagen phase. Inhibition of TSR helps to keep the hair cycle on the anagen phase.
Suppression of FGF-5 expression: FGF-5 expression triggers the transition from anagen phase to catagen phase. Suppression of FGF-5 expression helps to keep the hair cycle on anagen phase.
Proliferation of dermal papilla cells (DPC): Proliferation of DPC helps to enlarge the dermal papilla, which will is related to thick and strong hair.
Stimulation of VEGF expression: VEGF plays an important role in the improvement of vascular network. VEGF is not only an autocrine growth factor for dermal papilla cells, but also a paracrine growth factor for hair matrix cells.
14) Why there are redness and tingling effect after applying the Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer?
This vitamin active formulation improves microcirculation and increases blood flow to the scalp, which will cause a temporary redness on the applied area thereby allowing our own body supply of nutrients to nourish the hair follicle and encourage thicker and fuller hair.
15) How do I use Mau+ Hair Follicle Revitalizer?
Apply a twenty-cent coin size amount of Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser to wet hair and work into lather. Allow the lather to work onto the scalp for less than 3 minutes. Use daily for men and alternate day for ladies. Rinse thoroughly. Apply Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment onto the scalp and leave on for 3minutes. Rinse thoroughly and towel dry. Apply Mau Plus Hair Serum onto the scalp and spread it evenly on the less affected area and apply a few drops of Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer to the crown section of the scalp. No massage required.
16) What is the practical function for Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser and Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment?
One could expect the following after using Mau Plus Series:
Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser will cleanse your scalp and hair follicle gradually by dissolving the accumulated sebum, dirt and DHT settlement. You will experience an instant cleansed effect on the scalp that you have never experience before.
Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment will moisturize and disinfect the scalp after the exfoliating effect of the Mau Plus Balancing Cleanser. The moisturizing effect of the product will also control the excessive oil secretion from the sebaceous gland. Hence the Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser and Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment are a perfect pair in maintaining the scalp in perfect balance.
17) How can I check the progress of improvement after using the Mau Plus Series?
In most cases client who has been using the Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser and Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment will experience a truly cleaned feeling on their scalp. This clean scalp provides a healthy growing environment for the hair. Many regular users in many parts of the world have endorsed this feeling. In some cases for the younger users whose thinning are in the initial stages, their hair has grown better by just using the Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser and the Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment.
Mau Plus Hair Serum is an essential nutrient supplement to the hair follicle. Visible result will be seen after a few weeks of usage where the limp and weak hair starts to regain its energy and better hair volume will be observed. The strengthening of the hair root is also an evidence that the arrector pili muscle is stronger (arrector pili muscles draws nutrients from the same source of blood supply as hair follicle) (Please refer to Question 5 for details).
The Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer is a concentrated serum that allows the nutrients to be delivered in just a few minutes even by topical application. In the first few days of usage on less severe thinning hair, one will experience a well volume hair (refer to Question 5 for detail). After 1 week of using, one will experience the thickening of the thin hair. Continuous usage will make the scalp to have higher density of hair. (Please refer to Question 13 for details)
18) Is Mau+ Suitable for woman and teenagers?
Yes. It’s suitable for all genders of any age group.
19) How often should I use my Mau Plus?
Ideally, cleansing and moisturizing (with Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment) of the scalp should be done at least once in the morning and once in the evening (especially for the very oily scalp). As for the women, they could wash it every alternate day.
Mau Plus Hair Serum should be applied on the less affected area, while Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer should be applied on more affected area. No massage is required. However, if you wish to have scalp massage, pressure point massage is recommended.
20) Is Mau+ Cleanser a deep cleansing shampoo for scalp? If it is, how could it be used in salon?
Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser and Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment is not a replacement for the usual hair shampoo or conditioner. It’s designed for the maintenance of scalp.
Client could use their usual hair protection shampoo to wash their hair and the Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser to be applied on scalp after the rinsing of the hair protection shampoo on the washing station. Rinse off the Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser after 1-2 minutes of washing on the scalp. Apply the Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment on the scalp and hair conditioner on the hair; leave on for about 2-3 minutes before rinsing off.
- Mau Plus Scalp Balancing Cleanser - 500ml
- Mau Plus Scalp Spa Treatment - 500ml
- Mau Plus Hair Serum - 100ml
- Mau Plus Hair Follicle Revitalizer - 30ml