Leapfrog My Pal Scout & Violet [2009 Award Winning]
Age: 6-36 months
Give learning a personal touch with this soft, cuddly puppy that reads and asks questions.
It's an interactive get ready-to-read toy that's doggone fun! Your puppy pal reads from the five included board books and engages children by asking questions throughout the story to help build comprehension skills.
Scout/Violet features 5 interactive spots that respond to your touch. You can pet his back to answer questions; kiss his cheek and hear him say you're his best friend; press his left paw to hear songs; and press his right paw for more responses.
Scout/Violet completes each page and asks the child 1 of 70+ different engagement and comprehension questions over the course of the 5-book set.
The 5 colorfully illustrated board books teach:
1) Rhyming—helps children learn about the sounds of language and build phonological awareness,
2) Learn-about—learn about the world through reading and recognize how print carries meaning,
3) Narrative—learn about how stories are put together, with characters, settings, and a sequence of events,
4) Pattern—learn with rhymes, refrains and repetition to predict what comes next, and
5) Concept—explore concepts like colors to label and classify new information.
• Read With Me Scout/Violet is a cuddly companion that provides the perfect interactive introduction to reading.
• Scout/Violet reads from 5 included books, asks questions to engage kids and deepen comprehension.
• Features 5 interactive touchpoints, 70+ comprehension questions and 5 illustrated board books.
• Teaches comprehension, early vocabulary and book and print basics.
• Ages 2-5 years.
Research has demonstrated that the most effective read-alouds are those in which children are actively involved in asking and answering questions and making predictions rather than passively listening. Read with Me Scout features 5 different book genres that promote a range of strategies for an educational and cuddly introduction to reading.
“From reading aloud to reading along, Read With Me Scout reflects best practices in early reading instruction that help your child develop important language and comprehension skills critical for success in preschool and beyond.”
—Clement C., LeapFrog Learning Expert
Listening and Reading Comprehension
As children develop comprehension of books read aloud or independently, they explore the uses and functions of written language. They begin to construct meaning, eventually applying critical skills to make inferences and draw conclusions.
The larger their vocabulary, the easier it is for children to comprehend what they read and hear and communicate with others.
Requires 3 AA batteries (Batteries are included).
10.19 x 11.5 x 9 inches
13.88 x 15.5 x 6 inches
Listen to stories
Includes a 5-book set that helps build a range of skills from patterns to rhyming, narrative to concept.
Pet, pat or hug
Pet Scout’s back to answer questions; or kiss his cheek and press his paws for songs and friendly responses.
Discover 70+ different engagement and comprehension questions over the course of the 5-book set.
Learn with rhymes, refrains and repetition to predict what comes next.
Learn how stories are put together with characters, settings and a sequence of events.
Explore concepts like colors to label and classify new information.
Learn about the sounds of language and build phonological awareness.
Learn about the world through reading and see how print carries meaning.
The Learning Difference
The most effective way to read with your child is by actively asking and answering questions and making predictions. Read With Me Scout features 5 different book genres that promote a range of strategies for an educational, cuddly intro to reading.