The Ideal Industries 61-765 digital clamp-meter is a true RMS sensing, manual- and auto-ranging multimeter for measuring current, voltage, capacitance, frequency, and resistance in electrical testing applications. It has a clamp that measures AC (alternating current) and DC (direct current) to 660A (amperes). The clamp has two jaws that can close around an electrical conductor up to 36mm (1.42 inches) in diameter to measure current without touching or interrupting the circuit. A set of test leads is included for measuring AC voltage to 750V, (DC voltage to 1,000V, capacitance to 1,000μF (microfarads), frequency to 400Hz (hertz), and resistance to 10,000Ω (ohms). Frequency can also be measured with the clamp. The meter has a rotary switch to select the property to measure, and both a front and a bottom 9,999-count LCD with a backlight for visibility in low light, that turns off automatically after three minutes. In addition to numerical readings, the front display shows readings on a 41-segment bar graph. The bottom display shows AC and DC current readings when taking measurements in tight spaces.
The meter features a low-pass filter that reduces high-frequency interference to allow accurate measurements of complex wave shapes. The peak hold function records the highest reading of voltage or current, while the maximum/minimum function tracks the highest and lowest readings for a property for as long as the function is engaged. To aid documentation of readings and capture readings in tight spaces, the data hold function keeps the reading on the display after disconnecting from the circuit. A continuity buzzer confirms that the circuit conducts electricity. The unit operates on a single 9V battery, and turns off automatically after 30 minutes of non-use to conserve battery life. It has a low-battery indicator that signals when the battery needs to be replaced.
This true RMS (root mean square) sensing meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear or non-linear loads, regardless of the waveform. It is manual- or auto-ranging, depending on the property being measured. Manual-ranging allows the user to select the operating range and auto-ranging automatically selects the appropriate operating range. Accuracy and resolution specifications vary according to the range being measured. The meter meets IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) safety standards 61010-2-032 and 61010-031, and is rated for CAT (category) IV installations to 600V, which covers equipment at the origin of the installation, such as electricity meters and primary over-current protection equipment, and CAT III installations to 300V, which covers equipment in fixed installations, such as switches in the fixed installation and some industrial equipment that is permanently connected to the fixed installation. It is Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listed 61010, has European Conformity (CE) marking, and complies with Australia N12966. The unit comes with a nylon carrying case.
· 660 A True RMS clamps for a variety of industrial and commercial environments
· Unique TightSight® bottom display makes hard-to-reach measurements convenient
· Easy-to-read displays feature large numbers and green glowing backlight
· CAT IV rating for maximum safety
· Frequency, capacitance, peak, data hold, max/min
· Digital clamp-meter measures AC and DC to 660A, AC voltage to 750V, DC voltage to 1,000V, capacitance to 1,000 microfarads, frequency to 400Hz, and resistance to 10,000 ohms
· True RMS sensing meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear or non-linear loads, regardless of waveform
· Clamp with 36mm (1.42 inches) jaw opening measures current without touching or interrupting the circuit
· Backlit display on bottom of meter shows AC and DC current readings when taking measurements in tight spaces
· Meets IEC safety standards 61010-2-032 and 61010-031, and is rated for CAT IV installations to 600V and CAT III installations to 1,000V
Brand: Ideal Industries
Item model number: 61-765
Item Weight: 0.2 ounces
Product Dimensions: 11 x 6.2 x 3 inches
Measurement Accuracy: +/- 2.0%