The Ideal Industries 61-063 Volt Sensor is a non-contact, pen-style voltage tester for reading hot wires with respect to ground, with a voltage range of 40VAC to 600VAC maximum to ground. A red flashing LED and continuous beeping indicate the presence of live voltage. The tester meets International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61010-1 Category III 600V, Pollution degree 2 in accordance with IEC 664, indoor use.
Voltage testers detect electrical current in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches, wiring, and other components of electrical systems. They can test for live circuits, proper grounding, adequate voltage, and flowing current. They might be used by homeowners to test electrical outlets or by linemen to test power lines. Available in a variety of styles and levels of sophistication, some models simply indicate the presence of electrical current, while others record or display the level of voltage conducted. Some have additional capability such as the ability to perform continuity tests.
Ideal Industries manufactures test and measurement equipment, electrical supplies, and tools, among other products. The company, founded in 1916, is headquartered in Sycamore, IL.
What's in the Box?
- Volt Sensor 61-063
- (2) 1.5V button cell batteries Instructions
· Checks non-contact voltage from 40 – 600 VAC
· CAT III - 600V
· Audible and visual indication
· Tests for energized circuits
· Over-molded rubber cushion grip
· Compact rugged housing
· Voltage tester for reading hot wires with respect to ground
· Non-contact, pen-style tester with pocket clip
· Red flashing LED and continuous beeping indicate the presence of live voltage
· Voltage range of 40 to 600VAC maximum to ground
· Meets IEC safety standard 61010-1 Category III 600V, Pollution degree 2 in accordance with IEC 664, indoor use
Brand: Ideal Industries
Part Number: 61-063
Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 3.8 x 1.5 inches
Item model number: 61-063
Warranty: 1 year