Castillo de Canena is a distinctive and unique family business, involved in the complete process of creating extra virgin oils, from the trees and the land to its commercialization. The estate is located in the Guadalquivir Valley in the region of Jaen in the heart of Andalusia. This area is recognized as the first region in the world to produce Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The trees grow serenely and are gently watered by 8 kilometres of the river Guadiana Menor. This magical water gives these oils a sweeter and less peppery taste and at the same time guaranteeing each year's harvest will be full of aroma and taste. To ensure sustainability and quality the olives are grown and farmed in a "natural and environmentally respectful and integrated system".
From the careful tending to the trees to the moment the olive oil reaches points of sale in over 40 countries worldwide, we at Castillo de Canena personally monitor the entire production process. It is this care that is our distinguishing feature.
- High in Natural Antioxidant-a secret ingredient to anti-aging & cells renewal
- 100% Gluten-free
- Lowest in acidity level -0.1% under the standard of International Olive Council (IOC)
- Strong piquant and aromatic
- Full flavoured 100% picual olives (Black Olives)
- First cold-pressed & fully mechanical
- High smoking point (350 F-480 F/ 176 C-250 C)
- Awarded 98 in Flos Olei Best Olive in the World 2014
- Tasting Notes: Green kiwi fruit colour, sweet, with bitterness and itching. In nose, it present fresh aromas of herbs, artichoke and fruit compote. In mouth it is soft and balanced with banana, red apple, red tomato and balsamic herbs touches. Long persistence in the palate.
Special for salad dressings, soup, yoghurt, tomato soup, gazpacho (Spanish soup), cured ham and cheese, grilled meat/chicken.
what does OUR customer says about it?
Chef Eugene from Tanzini Restaurant, G-Tower
"I simply love using the Castillo Picual for my dessert making. It enhances the flavor of my signature dish and my customers love it as much as I do....."
Weng Honn, Personal Trainer
"I consume this as part of my healthy fat diet program. I also recommend this to my clients who I trained in losing weight. It is the purest extra virgin olive oil that I've come across. It's a great oil and I won't go back to any other "normal olive oil"
Watch our video from chef annie sibonney about castillo de canena