|SELECTING THE LAND||PICKING||TRANSPORT||MILLING||MALAXATION||DECANTING||FILTERING||PRESERVATION||BOTTLING|
|Within the groves, we select the areas of land where the olives are of the best quality. These areas may vary from year to year||We select the olives tree by tree and pick them with an inverted umbrella vibrator to protect the fruit from being bruised.||We transport the olives to the almazarapress in less than two hours, in small containers.||We use a double grid mill to press our olives, with reduced speed to keep the paste from heating||Our malaxation process is done in a refrigerated, hermetically sealed unit with no added water, at a temperature of approximately 21 degrees.||Our separation process is done with a vertical centrifuge. We add no water during this process||This important step for the subsequent preservation of the oil is done with cellulose plates||We preserve the oil in stainless steel drums in an inert atmosphere (with nitrogen) at a controlled temperature||We bottle on demand, injecting nitrogen into the bottles to preserve the taste of our oils|
Castillo de Canena is a distinctive and unique family business, involved in the complete process of creating extra virgin oils, from the trees and the land to its commercialization. The estate is located in the Guadalquivir Valley in the region of Jaen in the heart of Andalusia. This area is recognized as the first region in the world to produce Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The trees grow serenely and are gently watered by 8 kilometres of the river Guadiana Menor. This magical water gives these oils a sweeter and less peppery taste and at the same time guaranteeing each year's harvest will be full of aroma and taste. To ensure sustainability and quality the olives are grown and farmed in a "natural and environmentally respectful and integrated system".
- High in Natural Antioxidant-a secret ingredient to anti-aging & cells renewal
- 100% Gluten-free
- Lowest in acidity level -0.1% under the standard of International Olive Council (IOC)
- Strong piquant and aromatic
- Full flavoured 100% picual olives (Black Olives)
- First cold-pressed & fully mechanical
- High smoking point (350 F-480 F/ 176 C-250 C)
- Awarded 98 in Flos Olei Best Olive in the World 2014
- Tasting Notes: Green kiwi fruit colour, sweet, with bitterness and itching. In nose, it present fresh aromas of herbs, artichoke and fruit compote. In mouth it is soft and balanced with banana, red apple, red tomato and balsamic herbs touches. Long persistence in the palate.
what does OUR customer says about it?
Chef Eugene from Tanzini Restaurant, G-Tower
"I simply love using the Castillo Picual for my dessert making. It enhances the flavor of my signature dish and my customers love it as much as I do....."
Weng Honn, Personal Trainer
"I consume this as part of my healthy fat diet program. I also recommend this to my clients who I trained in losing weight. It is the purest extra virgin olive oil that I've come across. It's a great oil and I won't go back to any other "normal olive oil"
Watch our video from chef annie sibonney about castillo de canena