It's time to get Bluetooth 4.0 into your project, together with your phone! For aficionados of smart devices and wearable devices, now you can go further than hacking things bought in the market to building your own prototype out of garage. The Bluno board is first of its kind in integrating BT 4.0(BLE) module into Arduino Uno, making it an ideal prototyping platform for both software and hardware developers to go wireless. You will be able to develop your own smart bracelet , smart pedometer and more. Through the low- power Bluetooth 4.0 technology, real-time low energy communication can be made really easy.
Bluno integrates with a TI CC2540 BT 4.0 chip with the Arduino UNO development board. It allows wireless programming via BLE, supports Bluetooth HID, supports AT command to config the BLE, and you can upgrade BLE firmware easily. Bluno is also compatible with all Arduino Uno pins which means any project made with Uno can directly go wireless!
Whats more, we also developed the App for the Bluno (both Android and IOS), and they are completely opensource, so that you can modify and develop your own BLE-hardware platform. Below is a quick demo video covering some of the major features of Bluno with the help of an Accessory Shield for Bluno, which will also be available very soon.
In short, you can use Bluno with any Bluetooth 4.0 compatible devices and enjoy features such as wireless transmission, master and slave settings, wireless burning, and even establishing a Bluetooth HID connection with the PC between devices.
Note: For the demo application and Arduino code, we integrated dfrobot wireless libraries for the beginners. The idea is supplying a simple way for you to use wireless modules without learning the wireless communication protocol.However, for the developer is recommend to custom or choose the protocol according to the product features or the application.
Note: This Bluno is used with any Bluetooth 4.0 compatible devices. For example, the devices carry the Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) and use the Android 4.3+ original firmware with BLE drivers would be compatible. User can check this link for the Android and Apple devices support list.
This package includes:
- 1 x Bluno - BLE with Arduino Uno with SmartDAQ firmware[BLE] (6 Analog Pins & 18 Digital Pins)
- On-board BLE chip: TI CC2540
- Wireless Programming Via BLE
- Support Bluetooth HID
- Support AT command to config the BLE
- Transparent communication through Serial
- Upgrade BLE firmware easily
- DC Supply:USB Powered or External 7V~12V DC
- Microcontroller: Atmega328
- Bootloader: Arduino Uno ( disconnect any BLE device before uploading a new sketch )
- Compatible with the Arduino Uno pin mapping
- Size: 60mm*53mm
- Weight: 30g
- Wiki Doc:Link
- Bluno Schematic:Link
- Bluno bluetooth Smart firmware - CC2540 (v1.6):Link
- How to upgrade the firmware:Link
Demo Package & Protocol Reference:
- BLUNO Basic Demo Package (Android & iOS): Link
- PlainProtocol introduction and examples:Link
- More details about the PlainProtocol libraries:Link
- Android 4.3 ROMs (Cyanogenmod Stable version) Recommended to use 10.2 or later version:Link
Review & Custom Application from User:
- Embedded Computing Review by Rei Vilo: Link
- Bluno iOS Terminal (developed by Air Vision):Link
Android Apps [FREE]: Data Logging, Graph Display (as oscilloscope), IO Control, Voltage Reading (ADC values)
- Smart DAQ: Link
- Tutorial to use Arduino source code (UNO, MEGA 2560 & Leonardo): Link
- 6 months Warranty. Buy with confidence!
- Only MANUFACTURING defective product will be offered exchange or store credit.
- Damage caused by any misuse of product is not covered under warranty.
- Please read our policy and product description before your purchase. We will explain it in detail and satisfy your needs.
- Feel free to contact us! Email: email@example.com
- For more information, please visit www.avrcircuit.com