Blackmores Ginkgo Forte® 2000 contains the herb Ginkgo biloba which has been clinically proven to significantly enhance memory and attention, as well as assisting with clarity of thought. It has also been shown to enhance learning and thought processes, as well as helping to improve peripheral circulation.
Features and benefits
· High potency formula
· Standardised potency, contains 10.7 mg of ginkgo flavonglycosides per tablet
· Formulated to replicate the effective dose used in published clinical research when taken as recommended
How it works
Ginkgo increases blood flow and so can increase tissue nutrition. It tones and helps normalise circulation as it has a relaxing (vasodilating) effect on arteries and a toning effect on veins. Ginkgo increases the fluidity of blood and in this way may improve peripheral circulation. Improving circulation can enhance the utilization of oxygen and glucose by the body.
Brain cells require large amounts of energy to function properly. Glucose and oxygen need to be constantly supplied to the brain cells to create energy, as the brain has very small energy reserves. Many studies have shown positive effects of ginkgo on working memory, the speed of information processing and learning.
Adults - Take 1 tablet 3 times daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years - Not recommended.
· May rarely cause gastrointestinal symptoms, headache or dizziness
· If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
· Seek the advice of your healthcare professional before use in pregnancy.
· Discontinue use at least 2 weeks before surgery. Ginkgo biloba may increase the risk of bleeding associated with surgery. Consult your physician / pharmacist.
· Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) extract equivalent to dry leaf
(standardised to contain ginkgo flavonglycosides 10.7mg )
A pale yellow/green speckled, medium oval shaped tablet. Film coated clear.