Features and benefits
- The sustained release principle involves the release of vitamins from the tablet `core', over an eight hour period, as it passes through the gastrointestinal tract. The sustained release system used by Blackmores is based on a unique plant gum matrix, using guar gum from the seeds of a legume
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids extract that increases the uptake and utilisation of vitamin C in the body
- Low acid formulation is gentle on the stomach
How it works
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C and so it must be sourced from our diet. Stress of all kinds, including ill health and emotional stress, increases the excretion of vitamin C from the body and therefore raises the need for this vitamin. If dietary intake is low or an individual’s need is particularly high, vitamin supplementation may be of benefit.
Vitamin C is involved in hundreds of biological processes. It is important in immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is therefore beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin C is involved in the manufacture of collagen, an important protein in the body. Collagen is a structural protein found in cartilage and tendons, and it helps to support blood vessels. Due to its role in collagen manufacture vitamin C is necessary for wound repair.
Citrus bioflavonoids have been shown to improve capillary function by reducing fragility of capillary walls and improving capillary permeability.
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily with food.
Children under 12 years - Not recommended.
Contraindications and cautions
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
- Always read the label. Use only as directed
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Active ingredients per tablet
(derived from Ascorbic acid 280 mg and Calcium ascorbate 266 mg)
|Citrus bioflavonoids extract||25 mg|
|Rosehips (Rosa canina) extract equiv. to dry fruit||250 mg|
A yellow, large, oval shaped tablet with opaque coating.