Alpha LipidTM SDIITM
Net weight: 420g
Usage: Two heaped scoops in 200/250ml of water.
When to avoid: Pregnant or nursing mothers.
Flavour sachets contain phenylalanine.
Fat was never intended to be a burden to the human race. It is a result of our lifestyle being out of balance. The original human beings made use of their fundamental ability to store surplus food in times of plenty as fat, to be utilised in times of food shortages. However, with our easier lifestyle and the excess of calories lurking in most processed foods today, fat is accumulating at a frightening rate. The New Image Slim Diet plan works in harmony with nature.
How Our Bodies Work
The body has a naturally programmed automatic weight gain/loss system. Simply put – if you eat more calories than you burn for energy, you will gain weight. It is important to understand that everyone’s body metabolism consumes fuel at different rates. This accounts for some people eating little, yet gaining weight, while others can eat a lot and remain trim and slim.
The principle of the Alpha LipidTM SDIITM programme is to tap into the body’s natural weight loss system through controlling your daily carbohydrate intake. It is really just the weight gain system in reverse – if you eat less carbohydrate than you require for energy, your stored fat is burned to provide your body’s energy requirements. It is therefore important to keep an accurate record of all carbohydrates you consume daily. One of the keys to our programme is the identification of your Critical Carbohydrate Level.
The carbohydrate intake is controlled so that when the blood sugar level reduces, the body will switch over to burning fat for energy and produce ketones. This form of ketosis is hypoglycaemic ketosis which is very different from hyperglycaemic ketosis occurring with diabetes.
Ketosis is a natural process of burning fat for energy. All living creatures have this ability. At birth we are born in the pink. A baby loses a little weight during the first few days and most of this is due to the fat-burning process supplying the energy needed until its digestive system is fully functional.
Alpha LipidTM SDIITM is also marketed as Alpha LipidTM Ultra DietTM 2.
Using ketosis for weight loss has several advantages:
- Rapid weight loss – 250g – 500g per day minimum (more in first week) which is comparable to that achieved during complete fasting.
- Increased energy – Burning off 500g of fat will produce 3,600 calories of energy.
- Increased mental capacity – Ketones when used as a fuel for the brain, can increase concentration and memory capacity.
- Fluid balance – Ordinary low-calorie diets do not have the capacity to reduce fluid retention, particularly with very obese people. A Protein-Sparing Modified Fast diet balances body fluids.
From Day 2 of starting the Slim Diet, the urine should be checked with the Uriscan. The reading should be on pink (minor or small) for best results. This should be achieved within 48 hours. The urine should be checked first thing in the morning.
Check the urine before the evening meal as well for the first week. If the Ketone reading is too high (large or major), then you are either not drinking enough water or need to increase carbohydrate intake. If the Ketone-reading is too low (nil) then you are having too much carbohydrate.
If you are higher up on the scale, your body can tolerate a little more carbohydrate. Increase your intake slowly, testing your urine every day, until you find your personal Critical Carbohydrate Level (C.C.L.).
For the first few days of the diet, keep your carbohydrate intake to a minimum so you will get into ketosis quickly. Once the body has been in ketosis for a week, you can afford to experiment and find your own critical carbohydrate level (C.C.L.).
There are three basic principles for losing weight:
- Low Calorie Intake
- Low Carbohydrate Intake
Slim Diet’s Unique Benefits
- It is completely natural, safe, rapid and cost effective.
- There are no ravenous hunger pains and a satisfying volume of food is consumed daily.
- You can measure, by means of a simple test, whether you are burning fat or not.
- You lose only fat, not lean body tissue (as in low calorie diets), thereby maintaining good muscle and skin tone.
- Detoxification and cleansing of your body’s system is automatic.
- The plan offers great encouragement, as weight loss is more rapid than any other programme based on calorie or exercise principles.
- Identification of your body’s metabolic rate (critical carbohydrate level).
- A very effective support system.
- Establishes the basis and knowledge to maintain weight control forever.
- More energy with no dieting blues or side effects.
Important rules for Slim Diet II
- Shake your Slim Diet can before opening. (Some nutrients tend to settle during shipping.)
- You must mix two scoops of the formula in an 8oz (250m1) glass or more of water four times daily. (A plastic scoop is provided in each can).
- Eat only from food list. If it is not on the list you cannot have it! These foods have been carefully chosen to ensure maximum and efficient weight loss.
- You must have 2-4 protein foods spread over the day with vegetables (raw or cooked) from the food list.
- You must have a minimum of 20 grams of carbohydrates from the food list, but you must not exceed 35 grams.
- You must have a total of two dessertspoons of COLD pressed oil and one dessertspoon of cider vinegar daily.
Note: It is very important to have some oil in the diet to ensure your nutrient circle is complete in the form of Essential Fatty Acids and also to facilitate the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins in the formula.
- Season your food with Lite Seasoner (for extra potassium and sodium).
- Drink two litres of water a day.
- Exercise continuously for 30 minutes daily.
- Check your Critical Carbohydrate Level with Uriscan daily.
- If you have problems with bowel irregularity take 1 – 4 scoops of Fibre Supplement or FibreMax daily – 1 scoop per Slim Diet mix.
- We recommend taking New Image RDA balanced vitamin and mineral tablets while on your weight-loss programme as additional support.
- Once your goal weight has been reached, change to Slim Diet 3 maintenance programme for 30 – 90 days until your metabolism has adjusted to your new image.
- Last but not least – don’t cheat yourself!