Acuan Jem Tart Jem Nenas Pineapple Tart Mold
Pineapple tarts are cookies made with pineapple jam on a soft and buttery crust.
There are a few variants, some are "open" like the one shown in this pineapple tart recipe while others have the pineapple jam fully enclosed in the crust and there is also the Indonesian style "Nastar" where the jam is only half enclosed in the pastry, with the sides of the tarts left exposed so that you can see the filling.
This cookie is a must-have in most household in Malaysia and Singapore for festive occasions such as the Chinese New Year and Hari Raya Idul Fitri...we will probably never understand the love and obsession we Malaysians and Singaporeans have over our pineapple jam tarts.
Try this really simple pineapple tart recipe at home.
225 g salted butter, melted
340 g plain flour
1 egg, whole
1 bottle, pre-made pineapple jam
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
40 g caster sugar (optional)
1. Pre-roll the pineapple jam into round balls.
2. Measure the necessary ingredients for the Pineapple Tarts. Also get the oven ready by preheating it to 180°C or 365°F.
3. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined to form the dough for the pastry.
4. Roll the dough out to about 5 to 6mm thick.
5. Then cut them with the pineapple tart pastry cutter.
6. Place the cut dough onto the baking tray.
7. Place the pre-rolled pineapple jam onto the pastry, pressing them down lightly so that it they sit well on the pastry. You can be creative and add your own design on top of the jam. We have used a simple criss-cross design above.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Make sure that you do not over bake them as the jam may be hardened when over baked
9. Remove cookies immediately from oven when done and let it cool on a wire rack. Once cool, you can store the tarts in a container.