The i-FlashDrive is as close to adding a microSD card reader to iPads and iPhones as users can get until Apple changes its hardware strategy.
Just connect this accessory with memory card to the Lightning port and its content is immediately accessible. It can also function as a card reader for desktops and laptops, allowing files to be easily transferred between PCs, Macs, and iOS gadgets.
Build and Design
The i-FlashDrive is small and light, so it’s easy to carry around. It’s a flattened white rectangle that’s about 2 inches long, weighing under half an ounce.
On one end is a Lightning connector, so it can be plugged into all recent Apple iOS devices. On the opposite side is a full-size USB connector so the device can be used with laptops and desktops. Covers are included to protect both plugs.
In the middle is the microSD slot. Memory cards fit almost completely inside, so they get good protection. Removing them is easy, thanks to an internal spring mechanism.
The i-FlashDrive’s card reader supports the SDHD format but not the newer SDXC, so it can access files from cards up to 32 GB in capacity but not larger. Our attempts to use 64 GB cards from SanDisk and Kingston were unsuccessful, but the reader handled an array of lower-capacity cards from a variety of vendors.
- Colour: White
- Interface: 8-pin (Lightning)
- Compatibility: iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S / iPhone 5C / iPad 4 / iPad Air / iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 / iPod Touch 5 / iPhone 6
- 6 Month warranty
- Compatibility; iOS 7.0 / Android 4.2 / Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / OS X
- Capacity: 16GB/32GB
- System requirement: Download free App "i-FlashDrive HD" from AppStore or Android w/OTG Function
- Supported File Types (Documents): .TXT, .HTML, Keynotes, Numbers, Pages, .PDF, .PPT, .DOC, .XLS, .RTS
- Supported File Types (Photos): BMP, .TIF, .TIFF, .XBM, .GIF, .ICO, .CUR, .JPG, .PNG
- Supported File Types (Videos): AVI, .FLV, .MP4, .MOV, .MPV, .M4V, .MKV, .MPG, .RM, .RMVB, .TS, .WMV
- Supported File Types (Audio): MP3, .CAF, .ACC, .AIF, .WAV, .AIFF, .M4A
- (Due to limitation by Apple's transfer protocol, the drive cannot perform as its normal speed 10MB/s) Notice : Not capable of Sync or Charge )
- iOS Devices: iPod Touch 4th Gen 8GB/32GB/64GB, iPod Touch 5th Gen 32GB/64GB, iPhone 5S 16GB/32GB/64GB, iPhone 5 16GB/32GB/64GB, iPad Air 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB, iPad 4th Gen 16GB/32GB/64GB, iPad Mini 2nd Gen 16GB/32GB/64GB, iPad Mini 16GB/32GB/64GB